Spirituality as Means of Giving Content to Professional Activity of a Social Worker
Keywords:spirituality, professional mastery, social work specialist, culture
The article examines the nature of the notion «spirituality» and forms of its manifestation in conditions of cardinal and overall changes in society. In the course of the study the author finds out that general cultural phenomenon of spirituality is one of the main characteristics of the Ukrainian nation, its educative ideal. The author affirms that in the modern Ukrainian society the problem of formation of the system of spiritual values is the priority one, as there exists vivid need in formation of humanitarian aimed country and society. In conditions of political, economic and social crisis a future social worker who works in the sphere of «Human–human» should understand the importance of value–ethical sphere of his activity, as spirituality is dominant in the formation of high level of professional mastery of a social work specialist.
2. Kolodniy, А. (1994) «Religion in the spiritual life of the Ukrainian people», Кyiv, 237 p.
3. Kolodniy, А. (2005) «Ukrainian religious spirituality», Lviv : Spolom, 375 p.
4. Krymsky, S. (2003) «Appeals of spirituality of the XXI century», Kyiv : Publishing House Kyiv Mohylyan. academy, 287 p.
5. «Religion and public life of the nation in Ukraine and the world» (2006), Ed. Fylypovych L., Kyiv: Naukova Dumka, 285 p.
6. «Social work», «Bk. 1: Actual problems of theory and practice at the turn of the millennium» (2001), Ed. Andryushchenko V. P. – Kyiv : Institute of Higher Education APS Ukraine; State Centre social. Youth Services, 341 p.
7. Tyuptya, L., Tyuptya, A. (2002) «Job – a specialist in social work: origins, development requirements», Кyiv : Publishing House «University Ukraine», 129 p.
8. Frank, S. (1910) «Philosophy of and Life», St. Petersburg.: Ed. D. E. Zhukovskago, 389 p.
9. Furman, А. (2011) «Psycho- Culture of Ukrainian mentality», Ternopil: SSI МЕVО, 168 p.
11. Yarmus, S. (1988–1989) «Cordocentrism – the basis of Ukrainian spirituality and philosophy», «Collection Papers of Jubilee Congress in 1000 anniversary of the baptism of Rusy-Ukraine», Munich : Ukrainian Free University, Pp. 402–415.