Сivil Activity of the Ukrainian Student’s the Youth: Particularities of Manifestations and Tendencies of Development
Keywords:student’s the youth, civic activity, civil society, political participation
The effective functioning of civil society is determined by the civic activism of the youth, particularly students as future of the intelligentsia. We conducted surveys, based on a combination of a questionnaire and in-depth interviews with student activists, by the laboratory of sociological research B. Khmelnitsky pedagogical university in order to identify the contents and condition of civic activity of students. The results of the poll found that young people participate in civic life mostly in the events organized by universities of city and their faculties. And they are aimed at improving the daily lives of students at the university, and in no way for the formation of social and political position. An essential factor in the formation of public activity is the education which now meets the criteria of professional training based on knowledge and information. Based on this, relevant, in our view, is the development and introduction of new approaches, methods, courses to prepare young people for life in the new environment of civil society, the purpose of which would be the formation of national consciousness as the basis of social consolidation and strengthening of the state.
2. Public activity of youth - data of sociological survey (2010), Youth alternative, http://www.ya.org.ua/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id= 241:2010-09-07-14-11-50&catid=64:2010-08-30-17-53-21&Itemid=127.
3. Civic activity of the students of the city of Melitopol in the context of the transformation of socio-political relations in Ukraine (2012), Laboratory of Sociological Research of the B. Khmelnitsky MSPU, 34 p.
4. National survey "The Situation of Youth in Ukraine" (2013), http://www.uwtoday.com.ua/articlea.asp? Lid=1&NID=167&JID =156.
5. Materials of the round table "Youth and European values" (2009), http://www.politik.org.ua/.
6. Salnikova, S. A., Matsyuk, O. V. (2012), Political Participation: Conceptual Designs, Methods of Measurement, Sociological Studios, No. 1, Pp. 87–92.
7. Salnikova, S. A., Honchar, I. A. (2013), Content’s Peculiarity and Empirical Interpretation of the Ukrainian Patriotism (Case of City Lutsk Population), Sociological Studios, No. 1, Vol. 2, Pp. 68–76.
8. Social capital of Lviv region and its projection of youth activity in public life (2010), Institute for Social Capital Research, http://risclviv.wordpress.com/2010/09/11/hello-world/
9. Stehnyi, A. (2005), Regional factor of development of political culture of Ukrainian population, Sociology: theory, methods, marketing, No. 3, Pp. 94–122.
10. Tymoshenko, S. O., Tsvykh, V. F. (2005), Regional factor of development of political culture of Ukrainian population, Kyiv : Teaching center literature, 704 p.