Social Well-being of Inhabitants of Lutsk in the Context of Social Changes
Keywords:social well-being, social benefits, spheres of social life, Lutsk
Results of sociological research social well-being, conducted the Lutsk in 2009 and 2014 using techniques IISS-20 and IISS-44 by E. Golovakha and N. Panina, are analyzed in article. Value of Index of Social Well-being has changed, but due to tense situation in the country – the annexation of territory and military operations in the East, significantly changed its approach to the content filling: indicators of Index Sufficiency of Benefits were increased in informational and cultural, material living (1st and 2nd levels), professional and labour, personal spheres and spheres of national and interpersonal relations, while the sphere of social relations, socio-political sphere and sphere of social security were most scarce. In the ranking of the most deficient social benefits to the citizens of Lutsk in 2014 turned out such benefits as stability in the country and society (73,5 %), confidence that there will be not ethnic conflict (71,3 %), executives capable of managing the state (67,4 %), state protection from reduction of life (66,9 %), observance of acting laws in Ukraine (60,1 %), political ideals that deserve support (56,2 %), confidence in one’s own future (54,5 %), fair evaluation of the merits of the person to the community (48,1 %), automobile (47,6 %), protection from crime (44,9 %) necessary medical care (44,6 %). In 2009, the most problematic issue for Lutsk was the possibility of having a quality vacation (54,8 %) and employment (41 %), necessary medical care (40,5 %), the opportunity to be fed according to their tastes (37,6 %) and health (36,5 %) . Indicators of Index of Social Well-being were constructed for different segments of the population and residents of different districts.
2. Muradyan, Ye. S., Salnikova, S. A., Titarenko, L. G., Shirokanova, A. O. (2014), «The dynamics of value and norm system and life chances: the experience of post-Soviet transformation in the Borderlands», Vil'nyus : YeGU, 366 p.
3. Salnikova, S. A. (2009), «The city through the lens of social well-being», Problems of sociological theory: Ukrainian society and global social change: Coll. of scientific works, Кyiv, pp. 404–413.
4. «Ukrainian society 1992–2013. State and dynamics of change. Sociological monitoring» (2013), by red. V. М. Vorona, М. О. Shulga, Кyiv : Institute of Sociology, NAS of Ukraine, 566 p.
5. Andrews, F. M. (1983), «Population Issues and Social Indicators of Well-Being», Michigan : The University of Michigan ; Human Sciences Press, 2 р.
6. Bradburn, N. M. (1969), «The Structure of Psychological Well-Being», Chicago : Aldine, 319 р.
7. Salnikova, S. (2014), «Ukrainian Society under Conditions of Total Anomy», Economics & Sociology, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 183–198. https://doi.org/10.14254/2071-789x.2014/7-2/15