Media Reality as a Modern Socio-Cultural Space
Keywords:media, media reality, media ecology, socio-cultural space
The reality of the media is explicated as a specific structure of socio-cultural reality with technological determination that has its own ontological characteristics. The defining attributes of the reality of media have been outlined, among which the dynamism of the information stream, visualization and virtualization of socio-cultural phenomena, globalization and fragmentariness of perception, as well as axiological disequilibrium and manipulativity are fundamental. When affected by media, socio-cultural connections and paradigms of post-modern identity perplex, as also social, religious, political and cultural priorities are planned. Challenging issues of media ecology which come up under the influence of aggressive media expansion are reviewed, and some possible remedies are suggested, including legislative intermediation and social self-direction of appropriate limit and quality of visual information, along with the stiffening media literacy of the subjects of perception.
2. Ilhanayeva, V. (2012) «The communication world of modern society as a media reality», «The world of social communications», Vol. 5, Pp. 34–37.
3. Kolesnikova, D. A. (2012) «Ecology of perception», «Media Philosophy XVIII. Media philosophy: an
interdisciplinary field of research»; Ed. by V. Savchuk, St. Petersburg : Publishing of St. Petersburg Philosophical
Society, Pp. 155–165.
4. Kuznetsova, Е. (2013) «Technological media reality: the problem of rationality», «Bulletin of Lobachevsky Nizhny Novgorod Univ. Series: Social Sciences», No. 1, Vol. 29, Pp. 88–92.
5. Lishaev, S. А. (2008) «Digital photography in the context of media», «Media Philosophy: basic problems and concepts», Ed. by V. Savchuk, St. Petersburg : Publishing of St. Petersburg Philosophical Society, Pp. 267–284.
6. Mazorenko, M. O. (2014) «Media Anthropology as interdisciplinary paradigm of mass medias researches», «Bulletin of the Kharkiv State Academy of Culture», Issue 43, Pp. 173–181.
7. McLuhan, M. (2003) «Understanding Media: external expansion of rights», Moscow : Kanon-Press-C, 464 p.
8. Nimes, E. G. (2011) «Sociological analysis of media reality: the spatial approach», «Modern studies of social problems», No. 4, http://sisp.nkras.ru/issues/2011/4/nim.pdf
9. Savchuk, V. V. (2015) «The objective information is not, has not been, and will not be!», http://www.lenizdat.ru/a0/ru/pm1/c-1070177-0.html
10. Silanteva, M. (2015), «The mass media communication and media. Differences in concepts», http://redactor.in.ua/ru/actual/7026.SMI_i_media_Razlichiya_v_ponyatiyah
11. Fortunatov, A. N. (2009) «Interaction of social communication in the media reality», Nizhny Novgorod: NNGASU, 356 p.